Login  |  Search

What Edition Of D&D Do We Use?

Topic

Author Topic
Dm
DM

What Edition Of D&D Do We Use?

Mon Dec 29, 2008 @ 08:34AM

At first I thought we would use 3rd edition rules, but I think we might just go back to first. The reason being simplicity.... 3rd edition requires us to keep track of skill points and lots of other extra stuff we never did before. Plus its a whole new way to doing attributes.. your Strength, Dexterity, etc all go up into the 30's... its a whole new tracking system.

I am the DM, so I can always change the rules where it makes sense if first editon rules don't make sense in some cases.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

Author Comments
Cathal3
Cathal Delano Dhampire
Mon Dec 29, 2008 @ 08:46AM

1st edition, 2nd edition, 3rd edition, DM's edition...who cares. We're gonna argue about stuff anyway so I say we use whatever rules allow us to use questionable morals to the fullest.

Zarron3
Zarron
Mon Dec 29, 2008 @ 09:11AM

LOL .. I agree we may Argue a bit. As for morals there is no honor among thieves and I look forward to seeing what is in every NPC pockets

Dm
DM
Mon Dec 29, 2008 @ 09:14AM

In honor of Gary Gygax, the father of D&D, who passed away this year, we will be using the original AD&D first edition rules that he created!

That being said, I purchased a PDF version of the AD&D Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Unearthed Arcana (all first editions) for everyone to download so they will have a copy!

Download it from the 'Resources' page. You have to be logged in to view this page: